November 10-11, 2021
CoNLL 2021 Chairs and Organizers
The conference's co-chairs are:
- Arianna Bisazza (University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
- Omri Abend (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel)
Our email is email@example.com.
- Publicity Chair: Leshem Choshen (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Publication Chair: Mareike Hartmann (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
April 10, 2021: We thank Jennifer Culbertson and Gary Lupyan for agreeing to give a keynote talk at the conference. Looking forward!
March 18, 2021: The Call for Papers is published (see below).
March 5, 2021: We are soliciting expressions of interest from individuals who would like to serve as Area Chairs for the conference. Please sign up here to express interest in ACing in CoNLL this year.
- Jennifer Culbertson (The University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Gary Lupyan (University of Wisconsin–Madison, USA)
Call for Papers
SIGNLL invites submissions to the 25th Conference on Computational Natural Language Learning (CoNLL 2021). The focus of CoNLL is on theoretically, cognitively and scientifically motivated approaches to computational linguistics, rather than on work driven by particular engineering applications. Such approaches include:
- Computational learning theory and other techniques for theoretical analysis of machine learning models for NLP
- Models of first, second and bilingual language acquisition by humans
- Models of language evolution and change
- Computational simulation and analysis of findings from psycholinguistic and neurolinguistic experiments
- Analysis and interpretation of NLP models, using methods inspired by cognitive science or linguistics or other methods
- Data resources, techniques and tools for scientifically-oriented research in computational linguistics
- Connections between computational models and formal languages or linguistic theories
- Linguistic typology, translation, and other multilingual work
- Theoretically, cognitively and scientifically motivated approaches to text generation
We welcome work targeting any aspect of language, including:
- Speech and phonology
- Lexical, compositional and discourse semantics
- Dialogue and interactive language use
- Multimodal and grounded language learning
We do not restrict the topic of submissions to fall into this list. However, the submissions’ relevance to the conference’s focus on theoretically, cognitively and scientifically motivated approaches, will play an important role in the review process.
Submitted papers must be anonymous and use the EMNLP 2021 template. Submitted papers may consist of up to 8 pages of content plus unlimited space for references. Authors of accepted papers will have an additional page to address reviewers’ comments in the camera-ready version (9 pages of content in total, excluding references). Optional anonymized supplementary materials and a PDF appendix are allowed, according to the EMNLP 2021 guidelines. Please refer to the EMNLP 2021 Call for Papers for more details on the submission format. Submission is electronic, using the Softconf START conference management system (link to be provided later).
CoNLL adheres to the ACL anonymity policy, as described in the EMNLP 2021 Call for Papers. Briefly, non-anonymized manuscripts submitted to CoNLL cannot be posted to preprint websites such as arXiv or advertised on social media after May 14.
Multiple submission policy
CoNLL 2021 will not accept papers that are currently under submission, or that will be submitted to other meetings or publications, including EMNLP. Papers submitted elsewhere as well as papers that overlap significantly in content or results with papers that will be (or have been) published elsewhere will be rejected. Authors submitting more than one paper to CoNLL 2021 must ensure that the submissions do not overlap significantly (>25%) with each other in content or results.
- May 14, 2021: Anonymity period begins
- June 14, 2021: Submission deadline
- August 31, 2021: Notification of acceptance
- September 13, 2021: Camera ready papers due
- November 10-11, 2021: Conference
All deadlines are at 11:59pm UTC-12h ("anywhere on earth").